What to Expect at Early Childhood Screening
A trained professional will check your child's:
It is important that you and your child understand that this is not a test. There aren't right and wrong answers; no one is expecting your child to complete all tasks or answer all questions. This is an opportunity to see how your child is developing. Children are encouraged to participate and do their best without coaching or prompting from parents.
- vision - Early Childhood Screening includes a vision screening that helps detect potential eye problems, but is not a substitute for a comprehensive eye exam.
- height & weight
- immunization status
- large & small muscle development
- thinking, language and communication skills
- social & emotional development
Please watch ths video Early Childhood Screening Parent Video (5:35) from the MDE for more information on the screening.
- Appointments usually take about 90 minutes.
- Siblings are not allowed in the screening room, no childcare is provided.
- Family Learning Center is located at 820 Hubbell Ave, Mankato.